Incoming student Wajiha Kazmi, ’19 wrote a commentary for the Times Union: “Respect a key part of this dream.”
Sad news to report: Law School Community Mourns the Passing of Edgar Sandman ’46
- Hon. Victoria Graffeo ’77 to Receive New York Law Journal Lifetime Achievement AwardAssociate Dean Mayer was quoted in the article “Victim of assault is pained assailant got no jail time” in the Altamont Enterprise. Professor Bonventre joined Talk 1300’s Fred Dicker to discuss Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg weighing in on the presidential race. Professor Bonventre was quoted in the Buffalo News article “Michalek, as judge, approved receiver fees for ex-boss and political booster Sorrentino.”Professor Gottlieb was quoted in the article “Albany teens hear raw talk about police stops” in the Times Union.Professor Gottlieb‘s letter to the editor, “Airport authorities can stop people,” appeared in the Times Union.
- Professor Breger will co-facilitate the “Know Your Rights Workshop” at UAlbany’s School of Social Welfare on July 22.
- Professor Gottlieb co-facilitated the “Know Your Rights Workshop” organized by the Center for Law and Justice, Inc. on July 15.
- Professor Hutter was invited to serve on the Board of Editors of the New York State Bar Association Journal.
- Adj. Prof. Tippins‘ column, “Overcoming Hearsay Heresy: It’s a Bloody Good Rule!” was published in the New York Law Journal. Professor Breger was reappointed for a two-year term as a member of the Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department’s Office of Attorneys for Children Advisory Committee.
- Professor Gottlieb‘s commentary, “Dealing with Citizens United – Second in a Series on Money in Politics,” was heard on WAMC’s Northeast Report.
- Professor Bonventre was quoted in the article “Catholics Battle for Protection Against Abortion Mandates” in the National Catholic Register.
- President & Dean Ouellette spoke about the law school’s 2-year degree program with the Albany Business Review.