The following diversity 2017 summer internship opportunities are posted online through your ALBANYLAW LINK account under “JOBS (Non-OCR).”
|JOB ID #||
SALESFORCE.COM (NY, NY) (Legal Department) SU ‘17 Diversity Internship
(1Ls & 2Ls; paid)
|21176||Kenneth G. Standard Diversity Internship Program New York State Bar Association||3/20/17|
CONSOLIDATED EDISON (NY, NY)
SU ‘17 Diversity Internship (2Ls; paid)
|21476||Kenneth G. Standard Diversity Internship Program New York State Bar Association||3/20/17|
Upcoming Diversity Programs, Career Fairs & Events:
- AFL-CIO’s Lawyers Coordinating Committee Minority Outreach Program | Washington, DC American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) Review Information in ALBANYLAW LINK, Job ID #: 21175
- 2017 HNBA/Microsoft Intellectual Property Law Institute (IPLI) | Washington, DC Hispanic National Bar Association, June 4-9, 2017
- 29th Annual Lavender Law® Conference and Career Fair | Hyatt Regency, San Francisco, CA The National LGBT Bar Association August 2-4, 2017
Awards and Writing Competitions:
The National LGBT Bar Association is accepting submissions for the following awards & competitions. DUE DATE: Friday, April 21, 2017 at 5:00pm EST.
- The Student Leadership Award
- The Michael Greenberg Student Writing Competition
- The International Association of LGBT Judges Writing Competition
The M. Catherine Richardson Clerkship Program: paid jobs: APPLY by Feb. 1st. 2017
Bond’s Diversity Committee will review applications and select the successful applicant. The Diversity Committee may or may not ask applicants to participate in an interview. In addition to academic achievement, an important factor on which selection decisions will be based is a student’s attendance at a law school in Syracuse or Buffalo and/or the student’s interest in practicing in one of the cities. Please note that the student will be responsible for providing for his/her own lodging for the duration of the 2017 clerkship.
Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC offers The M. Catherine Richardson Clerkship Program, open to 1L law student applicants. The purpose of The M. Catherine Richardson Clerkship Program is to provide meaningful law firm experience to aspiring law students who bring diversity to the legal profession.
The clerkship runs for ten to twelve weeks. Two applicants will be selected for summer 2017, one in Bond’s Syracuse office and one in Bond’s Buffalo office. It is anticipated that the clerkship will require approximately 40 hours per week.
Eligibility Criteria Continue reading