Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC will soon launch their Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship Program. This program was established in 2009 as a part of the Firm’s ongoing efforts to increase diversity both at our Firm and in the legal profession as a whole. The Firm will offer three scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each to diverse law students who have excelled academically and who plan to contribute to the diversity objectives of Baker Donelson. Recipients will also be awarded a salaried 2L Summer Associate position in one of our offices.
To qualify for the scholarship, the candidates must: (1) have completed their first year of law school, (2) be a member of a group traditionally under-represented at large law firms; and (3) attend an ABA accredited Law School. Candidates may not be the recipient of a similar scholarship award from another law firm. Joint degree candidates must have successfully completed two years of a JD program.
Application Process and Deadline
Applications are due by midnight, Friday, June 21, 2013. Once applications are being accepted, interested students may submit their application online and attach the below listed documents. A link to the application will be made available to your Career Services Office in just a few weeks.
- Personal statement explaining your interest in the scholarship program, how diversity has influenced your life, how it impacts the legal profession and any challenges you have to overcome (Single spaced, please limit to 500 words)
- Undergraduate transcript(s)
- Law school transcript (Including Fall and Spring semester grades
- Legal writing sample (Please limit to 10 pages)
- One written professional recommendation
Firm’s Webpage: www.bakerdonelson.com If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Cheryl Hunt, Diversity Coordinator, at email@example.com or (615) 726-5567 OR Helen Beasley, Recruiting Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 244-3833.