APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FALL 2017 ACBA DIVERSITY INTERNSHIPS is Thursday August 10, 2017.
Review and apply online through AlbanyLaw Link, under the “Jobs (non-OCR)” tab – Job ID # 22238. Local Internship Program Highlights:
- Paid, semester long internship ($1,800 stipend)
- Internships open to 2Ls and 3Ls (Albany Law School students)
- Meaningful work experience with assignments equivalent to a junior associate’s actual work situation
- Supervised by a partner or senior attorney
- 10 week commitment during Fall semester (100 hours; minimum of 10 hours per week)
- Many past interns have subsequently obtained full-time law firm employment and now are members of the Albany County Bar.
In the years since the program’s inception, hundreds of law students have received paid internship opportunities at law firms in the Capital Region. The Albany County Bar Association (ACBA) Diversity Internship Program commenced in September of 2000 in an effort to broaden the opportunities for minority law students to be exposed to practice in a private law firm setting. Students from underrepresented groups within the legal profession are encouraged to apply. The goal of the program is to increase the representation of students of color in law firms in the Capital District, and to provide students with a private sector experience.
Past selected interns have had the opportunity to work with the following Albany employers: Bond Schoeneck & King, Carter, Conboy, Case, Blackmore, Maloney & Laird
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Pitney Bowes, Inc.
- Whiteman Osterman & Hanna, LLP
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, LLP
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Eligible to legally work in the United States (international students must be CPT qualified – see the Registrar’s Office to learn if you are CPT eligible)
- Required Application Materials include:
- ACBA Diversity Internship Application Form (link to form found in the job posting, submit completed form as “Other Documents”)
- Unofficial Transcript (law school)
- Writing Sample (no more than five pages long)
After careful review of all applications by the Program Committee, selected applicants will then be assigned with an area law firm based upon the strength of their application, and taking into account the practice areas of interest expressed by the applicant on their completed application.
Please contact your assigned career counselor if you have any questions or for assistance with your application or job search. is