EQUAL JUSTICE WORKS: Mobilizing the Next Generation of Public Interest Lawyers Coming to Albany Law School on Tuesday, September 6th!
Ashley Matthews, Esq. Program Manager, Law School Engagement & Advocacy Equal Justice Works, Washington, D.C. 2pm – 3pm Career and Professional Development Center 2000 Bldg., Albany Law School
Equal Justice Works believes that the poorest and most vulnerable among us deserve the same access to justice as more fortunate citizens. This presentation provides an overview of how we empower law students and recent law grads with the skills and training necessary to provide effective representation to underserved communities and causes. Find out about summer internships and post-grad opportunities! This presentation is open to all students. RSVP through ALBANYLAW LINK. Refreshments will be available
Fellowship Opportunity for 3Ls:
- The 2017 Equal Justice Works (EJW) Fellowship is now accepting applications.
- All Equal Justice Works (EJW) Fellowships require a two-year commitment from the Fellow, the host organization and the sponsor(s) to complete the Fellowship term, which runs from September 2017 through August 2019.
- Salaries are set by the host organization and are commensurate to what an attorney with similar experience and/or responsibility would receive at that organization.
- For more details, review the EJW Fellowship posting on ALBANYLAW LINK (Under Jobs & Internships – Job ID #: 16876)
- Apply online through September 16, 2016.
- NOTE: Applications for the local EJW Fellowship Opportunity with Prisoners’ Legal Services of New York are due by September 12, 2016.