Diversity Scholarship Program
Cole, Schotz, Meisel, Forman & Leonard, P.A. is committed to the advancement of diverse law students. We believe that fostering diversity in the legal profession contributes to the quality of the profession and strengthens our ability to serve our clients and communities. As part of Cole Schotz’s continuing commitment to inclusion in the legal community, we have created the Cole Schotz Diversity Scholarship.
The Cole Schotz Diversity Scholarship is open to a diverse, second-year, full time law student in good standing. Consideration is given to the candidate’s academic achievement, involvement in community service, demonstrated leadership abilities and advancement of diversity in the legal profession. The recipient will receive a one-time $5,000 scholarship.
To be eligible for the Cole Schotz Diversity Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• The applicant must be a full-time student in good standing who will complete his/her first year of law school at an ABA accredited Law School by July 1, 2012.
• The applicant must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25 at his/her undergraduate school and law school.
• The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America as well as attend an ABA accredited law school in a state where Cole Schotz’s offices are located: Delaware, Maryland New Jersey, New York or Texas.
• The applicant must not be the recipient of another diversity scholarship award.
Applicants must complete and submit on or before July 1, 2012 the accompanying application form by email with the following mandatory additional items:
• Official undergraduate transcript;
• Official first-year law school transcript;
• Current resume;
• A typed personal statement of 750 words or less. The statement must include
information about (1) why the candidate wishes to pursue a career in law; and (2) how the candidate’s background, life experiences and/or goals as an attorney would improve diversity in the field of law; and
• Proof of residency.
1 Not open to current Cole Schotz employees, immediate family or household members.
Click here for the application.