On behalf of the Diversity Office (a member of the Student Affairs Team) , I would like to welcome you back to campus and to new students welcome! I wish you the best during the 2009-2010 school year. The mission of the Diversity Office is to promote an inclusive and vibrant environment that enhances the quality of your legal education, professional development and personal growth. Albany Law School is committed to providing a supportive environment for all students, staff and faculty that will allow for a greater understanding and valuing of our differences while embracing our similarities to achieve a common goal.
My role as your Director of Diversity is:
- to assist you with counseling on personal development, academic and career success issues;
- to increase the campus’ diversity through active recruitment;
- to serve as a catalyst in building and promoting relationships among students, faculty, staff and alumni;
- to lead the Law School’s efforts to develop, implement and promote diversity education and cultural awareness on campus;
- on-campus representative for the Stop Violence Against Women campaign
- to assist and mentor co-curricular and extra-curricular student groups and their leaders;
- to develop programs and coordinate services that support students from underrepresented populations;
- to engage students to participate in “pipeline” recruiting efforts such as mentoring local high school and undergraduate college students; and
- to assist our MS of Legal Studies and International students in the transition to a new community.
The Diversity Office is a safe and secure space for all students. I am here to assist and work with you. My door is always open to you and I encourage you to contact Lisa Potter, my Executive Assistant, at email@example.com or 518-445-3235 to schedule an appointment. I very much look forward to helping you reach your goals.
Director of Diversity